Subject: [Leica] impurities in lens
From: Chris Lee <chrislee@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:02:35 -0700

I went to a local Leica dealer today where I was looking at many of their
lenses. I noticed almost all of the lenses, which were supposed to be brand
new, showed some very tiny "impurities" in the glass. These looked like very
fine particles suspended inside the glass elements. Although they were only
visible at certain angles in very strong lighting, I couldn't help but
wonder what they were. Can someone tell me if these lenses are defective? Or
these things are supposed to exist in every lens, good or bad?

Regards,

Chris

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guy.bennett@wanadoo.fr> ([Leica] zen photography [was: impurities in lens, or some other nonsense])
Reply from Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> ([Leica] Re: impurities in lens)