Subject: Re: [Leica] Compact shoe mount strobe recommendation?
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 11:55:55 -0700

> Austin Franklin wrote, in part:
>
> > I am looking for a very compact, automatic shoe mount strobe for my M6.
It
> > has to accommodate up to 75mm lense, and I am OK with falloff below
35mm.

Very seldom do I respond to requests for equipment as the majority of
individuals tend to gravitate towards high end items while I look for the
best for the money.

I use a Minolta 132X strobe. Here are the specs:

Thyristor auto or manual
Guide #100 (ISO 100)
Two auto settings
2' to 28' range @ f/4 (ISO 100)
2' to 14' range @ f/8 (ISO 100)
Bounce head
28mm coverage with diffuser
Takes 4-AA batteries
Can be used with Quantum system
Height with head at 90 degrees: 4.75"
Weight w/batteries 11.5oz.
Price: $10 at used bargain bin.

I can attest to the accuracy of this little unit. It is the one I use with
my M equipment.
Metz may be sophisticated but I feel that only pro use would warrant such
high precision and price.

Joe

Message from Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Compact shoe mount strobe recommendation?)