Subject: Re: [Leica] age poll
From: Richard Comen <rpcomen@mcn.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:45:13 -0700

Mark,  I did a shoot of two economists yesterday for their forthcoming book
cover with the Tech Pan and their skin tones were excellent. My meter
showed an EV of 14 in sun filtering thru fog. I had  metered their skin and
placed them in zone 6. I find the TP to be perfect for skin and never use a
filter with it. Perhaps Erwin is having problems because of a different
developing method.
        As to a tripod in Paris, two years ago we exchanged houses with
some Parisiens and spent a month there. I lugged my tripod everywhere and
was never given a glance and the police where everywhere because it was the
time of the bombs going off in garbage cans and metro cars.

At 12:42 PM 7/6/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Richard Comen wrote:
>>
>> Age 76
>>
>> Started in about 1933 with a Roleicord and Argus and into leicas about
1935.
>> I have been with Leicas ever since. Went to speed graphics in the 40s and
>> linhoff 4x5 in the 60s but with the advent of Technical Pan film which I
>> rate at ASA 100 with my special brew for the TP, there has been no need for
>> the larger formats and as one ages, it is most welcome to travel lightly. I
>> will be in Paris and the Dordogne area of France for a month in October and
>> have decided that I will travel with a IIIG, IIIF RD ST, 50 mm summicron,
>> and 200 mm leitz with visoflex I, a C clamp for tripod, and two 100 foot
>> rolls of Tech Pan. This should suffice for my favorite type of photography
>> which is "street" photography. In my older age I have concluded we carry to
>> much extraneous stuff on trips.
>

>I very much like your whole approach to the whole thing!
>Hope to hear about the shots you get in Paris etc.!
>I gotta say though that I brought a C clamp to Europe the one time I went
there
>(1970) and couldn't find many supports to screw it onto! But a tripod in
Paris

Replies: Reply from Richard Comen <rpcomen@mcn.org> (Re: [Leica] age poll)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] age poll)