Subject: IHBABLAIAGTRARUHGMCG WAS: [Leica] Re: Let's be realistic for a minute and anything elseon QC
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 12:51:05 -0400

Anybody interested in starting a new mailing list? I like the acronym.
It's catchy, and easy to remember!

Actually, I don't think we've been "ranting" that much.  I blame myself
for the problem. I have sent a message to Bill asking that LHSA ask
Leica to reimburse dues for new members as they do for those signed up
by dealers.  That would satisfy me.

Even if it doesn't work out I am not all THAT PO'd.  Heck, LHSA is a
volunteer organization and I'm sure they busted their chops in the
beginning to make the special edition camera happen and for that I am
thankful.  It is also a tough job to collect money and keep orders
straight. In any volunteer groups dealing with large sums of the
members' money is not an easy task.

But, I am glad that others posted to the list that they had the same
concerns as I did.  It makes me feel a little less stupid, and I need
all the reinforcement in that regard that I can get.  I'm not going to
post anything more on the topic until I hear back from Bill. If there is
good news I'll let folks know here unless there is a vast sentiment not
to.  If that's so, send me an email to let me know.

John

Replies: Reply from "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com> ([Leica] R8 Motor Drive Lesson)