Subject: RE: [Leica] Focusing tabs
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:24:30 +0100

Dan,
I had forgotten how useful focusing tabs were till I compared the two
latest Cosina/Voigtlander versions of their 35/2.5 lens, one looks like
their 25mm lens and has a focusing tab, the other looks more, well,
'normal'! and has a wider scalloped barrel.
Whilst I prefer the look of the latter I had to concede that the 'classic'
version with the tab won hands down, with me, for ease of use. It took me
back to a time when I had a 35/2.8 Summaron which I hardly ever took off my
old screw Leica III, I could focus that without looking at the rangefinder,
I knew what every position of the tab meant in terms of distance, too bad
I've lost that ability now.

Jem