Subject: [Leica] BW: Conventional and Crystal Films
From: Peter Niessen <niessen@ifh.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:56:30 +0200 (METDST)

Dear all,

usually I go for Kodak Tri-X, which, developed in Tetenal Negafin
gives nice results. I usually try to develop to a bit higher contrast
to use gradation 1 paper. But, as the advertisements of the industry
assure us, you have to listen to unnecessary desires and buy other
stuff, thus I ended up with an Ilford Delta 400. I develop in ORWO R09
(p-Aminphenol, sort of Rodinal-ish), but the negatives appear to be
flat. I used dilution 1+40 at 20C, 13 minutes, like said on the
developers instruction (actually I used the Classic F09 instructions).
The Efke (also classical film) developed in F09/R09 works fine. Is
there something wrong with the developer or is it a feature of
T-grain/core shell technology? After this, I'll stick to conventional
films (except for Kodak TMZ).

Cheers, Peter.