Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures of Cosina lenses on cameras?
From: "Isaac Crawford" <isaacc7@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:19:08 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <Gaifana@aol.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 7:04 AM

> Isaac:
>
> A lot of people made 1.5 Sonnars and copies:
> 50/1.5 Jena Sonnar LTM
> 50/1.5 Opton Sonnae LTM (more rare)
> 50/1.5 Jupiter-3
> 50/1.5 Voigtlander Nokton
> 50/1.5 Canon/Serenar
>
> All are about the size of your average 50/2 rangefinder lens and take
40-40.5mm filters.

A couple of quick questions... Are these lenses about the same size as the
current 50 summicron? Is the Nokton you mention the rare original or the new
one? The new one certainly looks quite a bit bigger than the summicron that
I own...
    After thinking a little, maybe I don't need such a fast lens... I'll
probobly be scale focusing outside with my LTM set-up, so an f2 or 3.5 would
suffice. Any recomendations? I'd like ease of use and availibility to be my
primary goals...oh yeah, if it performs well that'd be a real advantage!!

Isaac