Subject: [Leica] UV filter and 21mm ASPH lens - do they fit together?
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:42:05 -0400

Does anyone out there shoot with a Leitz UV filter on the 21mm ASPH lens?

I'm thinking of buying the E55 filter for the lens, and just looked at
the
mounted lens shade.  If I imagine an E55 filter mounted on the lens,
it looks like it will interfere with the lens shade mounting ring.

Is this true?  Does anyone out there shoot with the 21mm ASPH lens,
with a UV filter and the lens shade mounted?

I'm from the school of "scratched or dirty filter is cheaper than
scratched or dirty front element".

TIA
Vick

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] UV filter and 21mm ASPH lens - do they fit together?)