Subject: [Leica] Canada Lisle-Kelco service
From: "Marthe.Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:31:01 -0400

As reported a few months ago, Leica distribution in Canada has changed from
Kindermann to Lisle-Kelco.  I sent a lens to Lisle-Kelco for repairs last
week. Included in the box was a letter requesting an estimate be sent to me
via fax or to have their repair technician call me with the quote. Since I
had not heard from them I gave them  a call on Tuesday and was told that
they had sent a fax to Leica requesting information on the repair. They were
waiting for an answer back. I called them back today to inquire as to the
status of the quote. I was told that the lens would have to be sent back to
Germany for repair since they did not have the required equipment nor the
training to disassemble the lens, fix it and re-align it.  It seems that
Lisle-Kelco service is not ready for prime time yet. So my lens is off to
Germany for an estimate and a repair. I expect to see it back sometime
around Christmas 2001 (my estimate).

Just though I would let fellow Canadians on LUG know.  I had called
Kindermann to see if they could still do repairs. They only had one
technician who could and he was on vacation for the next month.The sales
fellow I talked to could not provide me with an estimate of when they could
get around to looking at my lens until the tech was back from vacation and
looked at his backlog.

Cheers

Rene

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Canada Lisle-Kelco service)