Subject: Re: [Leica] Canada Lisle-Kelco service
From: "Marthe.Rene" <marthe.rene@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 07:27:50 -0400

Hi John, it wasn't a pan on anyone. I just wanted to let people know that
was not quite ready to do repairs on Leica yet.  I agree that Gerry at
Kindermann is entitled to vacation like the rest of us. I felt a bit
uncomfortable telling Lisle-Kelco  to return my lens so I could send it to
Kindermann instead. I have used Lisle-Kelco for maintenance and repair on my
Hasselblad equipment and have been very happy.

The lens has a lot of paint chips coming off the internal lens retainers.
The paint flakes have deposited themselves on the lens elements. Where not
talking a few specks here. All of the rings are shedding paint. It looks
like an ant hill in there.  The lens had been riding at the bottom of a
camera bag I had forgotten in the car (my fault). I guess the vibration got
to it.  Its probably best that it goes back to Germany to ensure that the
glass elements are OK.  I'm just concerned for the length of time this may
take.

Thanks to Dan C for the tip on Reinhold Mueller in the Toronto area, I'll
keep him in mind.

Cheers

Rene