Subject: RE: [Leica] Street photography and two cultures
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:01:03 -0400

		Peter Stamos wrote:

		Sadly, most art is bad

Here, here!  Yes, sad but true.  (And not excluding my own feeble attempts.)
"In the history of art," someone wrote (G. B. Shaw?), and I'm paraphrasing
from imprecise memory, "most artists were bad, and most critics were bad,
and they loved each other."  Yet we persist.  And why not.  What else are we
gonna do.  Each of us, de facto, an unreconstructed optimist to his dying
day.

:-)

Art Peterson