Subject: Re: [Leica] leica announcements
From: Pascal <cyberdog@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 12:12:45 +0200

On 02-08-2000 00:38 M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos wrote:

>Is the Digicopy apparatus at all a quality method for digitizing
>chromes with the current Digilux model?

Michael,

you can use the Digicopy on the Leica Digilux Zoom or the Fuji MX-1700
camera, they are identical.

the results with scanning negatives are unpredictable (depending on
lighting), you'll want to avoid that.

scanning chromes is less of a problem and should work well. But remember
the resolving power of both digital cameras is not that high (and there
are also other issues than pure resolution), one can certainly not
compare the result with the one of a decent film scanner. I would say its
usefulness is limited to web output (if you are used to Leica quality, if
not you could also print standard sized prints with an inkjet).

I find the Digicopy quite expensive for what it really is.

Pascal
no archive

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !