Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:00:44 -0400

This has been my point (sometimes misunderstood) about Erwin's reports.
Erwin is definitely able to find differences between lenses, and I have no
argument with people who find those differences important, but I believe
that many LUGers needlessly base their buying decisions in the belief that
their photographs will be significantly better with the "better" lens.  I
am convinced that most LUGers (certainly I include myself here) cannot
distinguish a photograph taken with an older "poor" lens from one taken
with the latest and greatest version, when viewing the print as it normally
would be viewed.

Dan C.

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences)
Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron, version differences)