Subject: Re: [Leica] rumours from the east
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:50:38 +1000

Oh, and I think I'd find focus confirmation in an R8 to rather handy.
Perhaps with that automatic depth of field calculating system once
discussed here, provided it worked with existing manual lenses.  I'm
sure I'd be unhappy about needing to move over to auto focus lenses if
they went that way.

Would I be interested in a back focusing body like the Contax AX?  It'd
be a bit of a novelty for sure, but it's autofocus performance would
need to be in the F5 class to be really worthwhile.  And it probably
wouldn't be, so perhaps its not the way to go.  Is it possible to put
Leica lenses on an AX body?  Anyone done it?

Regards

Rick Dykstra