Subject: Re: [Leica] anyone using 24mm
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:01:25 +0100

This reply relates to 21 mm, but I guess it applies to 24 mm too, more or less.

I recently photographed a glass with very fizzy mineral water on a beach
café table with the beach in the background and the setting sun
backlighting the sparkels in the glass. The glass was about a yard away
from my M6. I noticed that the backlight effect on the water bubbles
disappeared when I moved the camera up and down ever so little. My first
shots were with the effect shown clearly in the viewfinder, but for the
rest I moved the camera just that much I thought would be necessary to
place the lens in the position of the viewfinder when I saw the backlight
effect. Some of the negatives turned out really flat, others looked
tri-dimensional with the airbubbles swimming in the water. Guess which were
which?

I had taken similar photos some years ago when I used a SLR. SLR is easy
for that. If you have one, check the effect of moving the camera just an
inch up or down. (OK your problems is a horizontal move, rather than a
vertical, and there the M6 finder vs lens difference is smaller, but
existing)

Chris