Subject: Re: Re [Leica] Voigtlander? Bessa R ad.
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:50:10 +0100

The (London) Daily Telegraph had in item a few years ago about the futility
of trying to get money for an unpaid bill by from a company that advertised
"...since 1756" (or something) when the company had gone bankrupt six
months earlier, been bought by another company which continued to trade
from the old address and in the same line of business but under a slightly
changed name while using the "...since 1756".  The man who wanted his money
argued that if they used "...since 1756", then they should pay old bills,
even if the new company was a different legal entity from the old one. I
sympathize with him.

>>I bought a used Voigtlander 18mm (Cosina) lens for my Leica.  It has
>"germany" on
>>the box and instructions.  I didn't think they had anything to do with
>Germany any
>>more?
>>John
>
>I noticed the same thing on mine. But what really made me laugh was the
>use of the word "seit" in "seit 1756." Seit translates more strictly

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or
F-50590 Regnéville-sur-Mer, France