Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: Why M is so popular?
From: "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 01:15:14 +1000

Hi Doug,

A CLA in Australia is a 50-50 chance of going back to Germany. That's 9
weeks round trip. On top of that, most dealers with a serious problem, will
not CLA the camera at the importer, but rather with a small technical
workshop that gives dealer kickbacks.

The prices of bodies is so artificially high that it doesn't pay to have the
CLA as part of the dealer warranty, the dealers much prefer to give a refund
than lose the 20% profit in repairs.

Miro

> Miro,
>
> When purchasing used equipment of any brand I figure I'm gonna have to CLA
it before long, unless the equipment has recent CLA papers.  This is one of
the unwritten rules of photography on the cheap, at least as I have
practiced it.  Except that now I've written it.