Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Why M is so popular?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:16:47 -0700

Miro Jurcevic wrote:

> Dear Ted,
>
> I accidentally read something you wrote, and you accidentally didn't read
> something I wrote.
>
> 1. I have never had a BAD nikon. They are almost bullet-proof.
> 2. I have never owned an electronic camera that needed a battery to go
> click.
> 3. I have never bought a new camera
> 4. I will never buy a new camera.
> 5. I do not need a new camera.
> 6. If Leicas are so good, why do so many people that own, never use them.
> Obviously used Leicas last a lot longer than stored models.
> 7. Why does a IIIg work perfectly, and a R4, R4s, R7, R6, R8 all fail.
>
> You have all the answers to questions that I have never asked you. I am
> going to find those questions and then slot the answers in. At which time I
> will happily ignore your advice, since I still think R cameras are rubbish
> and I can't wait till I find one that works. After all, I have more lenses
> than days in the week.
>
> Miro
>
> > Buy only Canon or Nikon
> >
> > Then you can complain on their lists

Bad vibes man!
I shot with 4 Nikons and 16 lenses professionally for 20 years. They would
sometimes need to get fixed or tuned up because I USED THEM. A LOT. Averaged 10
or 20 rolls a week.
You are telling us yours never made a peep but not how you used them, how much
film you put through them. Had I used Leica R's I imagine I might just have seen
the repair people a tad more,  maybe not. Had one body in the shop more often perhaps.
The reason why people buy Leica's and put them on the self and never use them is
not the fault of the camera. People like a swiss watch but the only trust the
time to some digital clock. That's their problem. Any camera system requires
some real use before judgements can me made on them.
We don't judge a camera which sits on a shelf. They all dry out!
Mark William Rabiner

Message from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Why M is so popular?)
Message from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] Re: Re: Why M is so popular?)