Subject: [Leica] Various
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:12:54 -0400

Fellow LUGers,
While not a direct Leica question, please indulge me. I have an Omnica
camera case made about 1959. It is in dire need of some leatherwork.
There's no local place (Ann Arbor, Mich) that can do it. Needs a new
strap and some serious sewing. Does anyone know of a place in the
continental USA that might handle such a job?

The August 16 edition of the New York Times carried a photograph shot at
the Democrats' convention that fairly clearly shows a photographer with
what appears to be a pair of Leicas. Interesting, I think.

Went to a photo swap meet yesterday and encountered a gentleman with two
of the most beat-up brassy M2s I've ever seen. One of them sported a
Noctilux. Talk about heavy duty use.

Cordially,

Kurt Miska
Ann Arbor, Michigan