Subject: [Leica] Portraiture by window light
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:34:36 -0700

Jeff More has made it possible to post my first pic on the lug how
representative this shot is of me is any ones guess

http://people.oven.com/jbm/temp-displays/Mark_Rabiner/Brazen_Bean_color.jpg

Two Gothic Gals on a Magenta Sofa:

Not Visigoths either! As neither of these gals plainly have a Visa card!
Actually the first definition of Goth in my CD dictionary is
1.a. Of or relating to the Goths or their language. b. Germanic; Teutonic.
And neither of these gals even speak German!
People now think Transylvanian instead of German on this stuff now!

This shot I got paid for if you can believe that it was done for a place called
"The Brazen Bean" where people sit around all night and drink Brandy and Smoke
Cigars.

As these gals (really are) creatures of the night to shoot them with daylight
coming in from the back is a strange call. The fact is they were using this
couch as a makeup area the shoot was in the other room. But they looked so good
on the sofa I pulled out my body which had color film in it just in case which
was a Nikon*&^%$ and knocked out a quick roll.

Getting these gals to show up to a shoot before sundown was quite a trick, money
needed to be involved and a free meal!

The main shoot was in black and white in the other room.

I might have cheated and bounced a flash off the ceiling.

I think the film was Kodacolor 100 and I shot it 12/4/1995.

The stuff happening outside the window I whited out.

I can't tell if i shot this with my 35mm or 24mm Nikor lens.
Just before I went Leica!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Portraiture by window light)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Portraiture by window light)