Subject: RE: [Leica] tripod
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:20:17 +0100

>...but don't mention brand names or models.  I take it the lighter weight
>model fulfills all of your requirements (height adjustable up to eye level,
>light weight, easily (quickly) adjustable legs); if so, what's the
>brand/model?
>
>Thanks,
>Dan

Mine is a SLIK SL 70 which I have had for over 20 years, and I bought a
second one at a flea market a few weeks ago to keep in the car, just in
case. It has two drawbacks, it is almost 20 inches long when packed up and
leg length adjustment is not by the flip of a lever. But it is light
weight, about 2.3 pounds and low cost.
When the centre column is fully extended, I often put my hand on the top
camera to weigh it dowm in order to stabilize it. Feels like I do the right
thing, but I have never made parallell testing of hands on and hands off.
Perhaps somebody else has, and is willing to share his/her experience?

Chris

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or