Subject: [Leica] young che g. w/ visoflex
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:59:43 +0100

Some of you like to hear about pictues of Leica in the press: today I got
the October issue of  Le Photograph which is a serious French monthly,
aiming, I think, also at the professional photographer. There is an article
on Roger Pic, who is now 90, and one of the accompanying photos is a full
page color picture taken by him showing young Che Guevara in combat outfit
1961,sitting on a fence and holding a Leica with a Visoflex and checking
the aperture setting or something. Seem he was a bit short sighted because
he holds the camera so close to his face it covers the tip of his cheek.

The same issue also has a long technical article about PGI vs RMS (Print
Grain Index vs Root MeanSquare) I'll try to read it if we get a prolonged
peroiod of bad weather.

It also has some news about  new products for Photokina. Nothing Leica that
Leica has not already told us about

- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or