Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica on the cheap
From: Ken Lai <ken@compose.com.hk>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:03:35 +0800

Michael,

If I have a second M body, I would get the 21mm finder and permanently put
that on the second body. However I only have one body and I really hate
having to swap finders. If you have tried taking the finder off the M6
before, you would know what I mean.

And yes, I do use my R8 when I need tight framing. On the M, I find it
convenient if I can see the whole frame, and more, in the finder rather than
having to check with your left eye what is outside the finder but could be
inside the picture because the finder covers only part of the frame. This is
my opinion.

BTW I do think 300 dollars is a bit much for that finder, which is a bit
flimsy. The 1600 dollars 24 Elmarit I have, on the other hand, is well worth
the money.

Ken