Subject: RE: [Leica] Optimal Portrait Lenses
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:52:17 -0400

Sharpest when compared with my Leica APO 90, my Leica TE 90 and my Minolta
100  macro (also tack sharp).  But this sharpness seems to be most apparent
literally at portrait distances, such as < 5 feet.  The Nikkor does have
what Nikon calls  "Close Range Correction" (another name for floating
elements, which my Minolta has as well), and this may be what I am seeing.

As far as tests go, don't hold your breath, I won't be doing another one
any time soon.  But it would be interesting to compare the 85 nikkor, the
APO 90, the 75 Summilux, and the Minolta 100.  I'm not certain how to
reconcile the varying focal lengths to make the playing field even.

Dan C.