Subject: RE: [Leica] Optimal Portrait Lenses
From: Thomas Donovan <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:33:56 -0400

Dan C.,

>>sharpest (Nikkor 85 1.4 ) when compared with my Leica<<
>>apo 90.....sharpness seems to be most apparent literally<<
                            >>at portrait distances<<

Whoa!  It's hard to imagine ;-)! Thanks for the great comparison.

I'm close to placing an order for this optical gem today. Would
anyone else know how the Nikkor compares to the R-80 f1.4?

I've got to add that the input from the LUG has been excellent!
Just think, we've got Leica gurus, recommending a Nikkor lens.

Amazing ;-)!

Tom D.