Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 Top Plate
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:16:39 -0400

Hi
They will replace top plates with similar but not identical plates.
It shouldn't be a problem unless you are a collector-neurotic.
I don't know about the new M3 plates but the new M4 plates
have a slightly different 4 and are probably zinc. Also they will
no longer sell black for chrome trade-ins. This is an arbitrary policy
and absolutely stupid considering that they need the money. Their
reason is that they don't want want to create any more collector's items.
This is a BS argument in that more collector's items are created by
keeping a small number of items black. In any case I'm sure that given
US laws they could probably be persuaded or ORDERED to sell
a black chrome or black paint top plate by anyone with the time to
spend on it. Are there any lawyers in the house?
See Ya
Javier