Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: My last word on Hexar, really.
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:25:03 -0500

>In a message dated 9/12/00 11:08:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>robertj@powerlogix.com writes:
>
><< I use the Hexar when I know I will be with other people and
>  I don't want to hold them up while loading film or adjusting exposure
>  (it's amazing what a few extra seconds can do to frustrate your
>  travel partners.)  >>
>
>That sounds potentially like the ideal application for the Hexar.  What
>lenses do you routinely use for travel photography?

To follow up on my first quote, most people that are snapshooters
have no clue why that fancy, expensive looking camera is so slow to
use compared to their point and shoot. "What do you mean, you have to
focus? What are all those dials for? Why do you have to take the
bottom off to load film? That camera looks ancient. Doesn't it have a
zoom lens? Where did you get that, anyway?" etc., etc., etc.
Meanwhile I'm fumbling around loading my M6, and they are all off
down the trail telling me to hurry up. :)

The moral of this story is to travel with real photographers who care
more about getting the right shot no matter how long it takes. :)

35/2 is my primary lens. Depending on the situation (expected photo
ops, weight of the camera kit, if it's just me or if I'm traveling
with others, etc.) I will carry more or fewer lenses.

a. single lens: 35/2

a1. single lens: 50/2

b. dual lens lightweight: 35/2 and 90/2.8 "skinny" tele-Elmarit

c. dual lens low light: 35/2 and 90/2

d. trio lens: 21/2.8, 35/2, and 90/2.8  (or 90/2 for low light)

e. an "assistant carries the extras" kit: 15/4.5, 21/2.8, 35/2, 50/2,
90/2, 135/4