Subject: [Leica] Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive
From: "M.E.Berube of GoodPhotos.Com" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:00:52 -0400

It would seem to me to Leica's advantage to make LTM as their default mount.
Is there any image quality lost when using an LTM version with an adapter
as compared to the M mount version of the same lens?
By making LTM lenses default (sold with an M adapter standard), Leica might
encourage a few budget minded folks to use classic or new C/V LTM bodies
instead of buying an M body first, but they would also make their lenses
more adaptable and desirable to a broader market without lessening their
dedication to their current M clients or costing themselves huge amounts in
retooling.
If anyone sees a flaw in this logic please point it out.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive)
Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive)