Subject: [Leica] Leica- collector's or user's camera
From: "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:28:24 -0500

Mark Rabiner wrote:
"I think it's a shame how out of the loop people are who really should not
have
their head in the sand."

In the retail side of photography I see students regularly with supply lists
from their class who have been sent in search of  Pentax K 1000 cameras (not
made for years) and for Kodak Polyfiber DW paper ( renamed Polymax Fine Art
years ago).  These instructors need to get out of the classrooms and the art
galleries and take a look around in the real world once in a while.  We
explain this to the students,  but being new to photography some of them
continue to search for the items on the 'approved" list.  Some of these
students must report back to their instructor what they have learned, but we
still see the same mimeographed lists year after year.

Tom
Memphis TN

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica- collector's or user's camera)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica- collector's or user's camera)