Subject: RE: [Leica] Using 60mm filter size lenses
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:14:12 -0400

It's something that you live with. The trade off for having an incredibly
fast lens on a rangefinder is that, because it must be BIG, it will block
part of the viewfinder. On the other hand, you get all the advantages of a
rangefinder. I too had the 75 Summliux and got rid of it, not because of the
viewfinder problem, but because I wanted to see the magnification, which I
can do with a reflex (although I now have a 75 2.5 voightlander lens because
when I am carrying just an M and 35, I can throw it in my pocket and have
some flexibility.)

The Noctilux appears to be an amazing lens with magical properties, and if
you have the need for a real fast lens for low light photography, don't
sweat the small stuff - like viewfinder cut-off......Better to be able to
photograph an image, even if part of your view of it is obscured, than to
see the whole thing but not be able to capture it on film. :-)

B. D.
http://www.a-day-in-our-life.com
A Day In Our Life...
Documentary Photography