Subject: R: [Leica] Fw: Early M4-P
From: "lindabo" <lindaboz@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:01:53 +0200

hello Luggers,
I have a strange M4-P, serial number 1543360, the tenth made in 1980.
Red dot (543 360) is missing and levers and srap eyelets are the same of the
older M4 and of the Red Dot M4-2.
Wetzlar wrote me that several M4-P were made in such a shape but they could
not tell how many and that he red dot was put on during the series
production.
I argue that this batch was a nulleserie as the M4-2 Red Dot made to train
workers.
Can Luggers write me the lower serial number where the Red Dot appears?
Thanks for the help.
Giancarlo Bozzano