Subject: [Leica] Shooting in Italy
From: "Dennis_Thong" <denthong@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:05:03 +0800

I put up a post about shooting in Italy 2 weeks ago. And now, I am back in
Singapore. Safe in one piece, same for the laptop, digital cameras, and
scanner and, of the leica as well.

I think I was over worry about the safety concern for all these equipment.
As I heard from some friends that Italy was famous for pickpocket, stealing,
etc. However, before I left for Italy, i received a few replies from our
Luggers all over the world. They were rather encouraging and given me many
tips. They built up my confidence. I would like to say THANK YOU to LUGGERs.

In Italy, I stayed in a small town called Marmi, that is near Lucca. I was
there to cover an award presentation for a Singapore cartoonist named Heng.
His political cartoons in newspapers won an award in a completition
organised by the Italian Museum of Political Satire and Caricature.
In the past years, there were few world renounced cartoonists received this
award. He is the first Asian there, so it was quite a big news for a small
country like Singapore.

When the assignment was over, i extended my stay in Italy and went to a few
beautiful towns, like Pisa, Lucca, St. Gimignano, Siena, and Rome.
Many tourists had their big cameras hung over their shoulders, and so did my
little leica M6ttl. I think overall, it is very safe.

I managed to ring up our Italian Lugger, Robert. It's a pity that we could
not meet up, as both of us were at the opposite end of Italy. Hope to visit
some luggers the next time when I travel.

Singapore Lugger,
Dennis Thong