Subject: [Leica] Black or Silver M6 TTL
From: "Dennis_Thong" <denthong@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 01:14:39 +0800

I wish to share my experience about this black or silver M6TTL.

I work as a photojournalist with a newspaper. I bought the first leica
camera about a year ago. I chose the silver chrome body with a black 35
Summiron ASPH. The silver body was very beautiful n elegant to the eyes.

I started to like leica, not just for their lens quality, but for the
quietness of those rangefinder camera shutter n also for its compactness in
term of size.

However, during the course of my official assignments, i used the Canon
system which are big n heavy, giving me some back arch problem.

I only use my leica during my leisure time or when i found something
interesting while shooting for news. And with my leica, i prefer to
photograph people in their living or working environments.

Even i used a leica, but somehow my subject would notice me photographing
them with this "old designed" n beautiful silver camera. It was a bit too
shiny for the eyes.

So I decided to pasted some blacktape around the silver body. However, a
silver body is still a silver body. It still gets a bit reflective when
light shines on it.

After using this silver chrome with black tape leica body, had missed a few
great shot (due to the reflective surface); I decided to trade off this
silver chrome body, top up some cash, and I got myself a new black leica.

Now, lifting a black leica isn't that obvious and i managed to get more
interesting pictures without my subject noticing. For me to realise this
adventage of a black body, it costed me S$700.

So for those who think u wanted a black body, go straight for it.

Singapore Lugger,
Dennis Thong.