Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: What travel lenses (whither the 50)?
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 12:44:06 -0700

Although I subscribed to the theory that 35 and 90 are good enough for
years, I don't think it's true with the M-series.

Look at your 35 mm negatives. Do you crop them? A lot? If so, you need a 50
mm lens. There's a world of difference between 35 and 90.

No matter how good your lens is, when you crop and enlarge to get the image
you want, you're losing resolution. The more film your image takes up the
better your results will look.

Another irrelevant two cents,
Mike Quinn

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: What travel lenses (whither the 50)?)