Subject: Re: [Leica] Summarit take apart?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 12:19:03 -0700

george kase wrote:

> Can anyone assist me in figuring out how to
> completely disassemble my LTM Summarit lens?
> I can't figure out how to get the rear elements apart.
> there doesn't appear to be any slots to unscrew, etc.
> any guidance would be appreciated. If you wish to reply
> off list please contact me at gkase1@yahoo.com<<<<<<<<<

Hi George,

I haven't got a clue on how to help you, sorry mate.

However, my curiosity is absolutely peaked as to why anyone would want
to take a valuable Leica lens apart?  Unless you're a lens technician
and accustomed to doing so.

I expect there are hundreds out there in LUGLAND dying to read your
answer.  As taking a lens a part is the furthest thing in handling
lenses I could imagine for a photographer. So George mon ami, please
tell us. thank you.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant