Subject: RE: [Leica] Moribund "R": A cloudy crystal ball ?
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:42:10 +0100

An interesting point of history with regard to the present Zeiss lens
(which has just been discontinued) is that at the time of designing it
Zeiss were collaborating with Pentax in multi-coating techniques (see Marc
J Small's previous LUG correspondence on this).
What arrived out of both camps shortly after was a 15mm f3.5 lens which
seems identical in optical construction. Co-incidentally I have one of the
Pentax lenses which was converted for use on a Leica R camera, it would be
nice to know just how much similarity there really is.
If anyone is pining for a Super Elmar and can't quite stretch to that, then
get in touch,
Jem