Subject: Re: [Leica] Feedback on Ricoh GR-1s
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 23:02:50 +0200

Dennis,

I have the original GR1 (same lens as the GR1s) and I am very happy with it.
While it is no Leica, it is small, well built, reliable and with an excellent
optical quality compared to other P&S cameras. Also, the manual settings such as
no flash, focusing mode, aperture etc. stay put when you turn off the camera,
whereas with most other compacts (including the Minilux) they return to the
default settings.

Nathan

Dennis_Thong wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Recently, heard and read some feedback about the Ricoh GR-1s. Most of them
> have very good comments about this camera and the performance of this 28mm
> f2.8 lens. However, minority sad the pictures were not that impressive for a
> compact camera at that price tag !
>
> I am now eyeing on it to the next compact camera in my bag besides the leica
> M6.
>
> Please send me comments about this camera and the performance of the lense.
> Thanks...
>
> Singapore Lugger,
> Dennis Thong.

- --