Subject: Re: [Leica] The Wonderful PO versus Awful UPS
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 21:09:23 -0400

Oh, I also meant to say in my last post that I really do like the Postal
Service, especially for sending.  I called their Express Mail 800 number
and they sent me all sorts of free stuff.  The very nice Express Mail
boxes that you cannot find in the local PO.  Two sizes!  A couple rolls
of very nice sealing tape with the express mail logo.  And, a bunch of
pre-printed express mail stick on labels with my return address on
them.  I have found that express mail usually gets to anywhere in the
country in three days, and most of the time two days.  And for dropping
off, plenty of places including the small contract post offices where
you don't have to wait in line.  I sometimes hand packages to the letter
carriers if I happen to see them delivering.