Subject: [Leica] an idea for a contest
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:58:31 +1100

Any ideas for rules? I have a pretty good idea of who I'd want the judges
to be, but the decision would be based both on photographic quality and on
need. I want the entire setup to go to the same person, rather than having
the kidney go here and the liver go there and the corneas go over there.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Brian,

I suspect very few of us really need or deserve your fine old friend, so I
would hate to see a contest limited to the "needy". I suggest that the
contest is open to all, and that you have a section for those who fit your
requirements. You will have to accept non-leica images if you are to find
someone who really needs a leica ;-) We could enter the contest and make
claims with the images. I mean anyone who enters could also include 10
lines on why they would like Brian's Leica, and you could choose the winner
of the camera, quite separate to the winner of the contest.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin