Subject: [Leica] Mike's Darkroom - was I've gone mad
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:04:42 -0700

OK, Mike probably knows darkrooms better than anyone here, but would that
prevent any of us from offering suggestions? Of course not! So what say we
give him one hint each, so as to keep things within reason (interesting LUG
concept - "within reason").

Mike - Try wiring in an overhead light on a flexible or hanging cord that
will give you a white light just a few inches above your fixer tray. I use a
15 watt bulb in a tube shaped fixture that directs the light down in a
narrow beam that doesn't spill all over the darkroom. It's bright enough to
view the photo, but dim enough to not work your safe-light oriented eyes too
hard nor to spill much light in case you leave a paper drawer open. You also
get used to judging print by a consistent light output.

With enough advice, we may be able to create a Mike's Darkroom Thread to
last several years while he procrastinates over all the collective LUG
wisdom.  At least it might prompt him to post a few updates - let's hope a
little more exciting than the 2x4 stud, but hey, it's a start! Of course, I
am assuming Mike will be printing Leica negatives, keeping this on topic.

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger