Subject: [Leica] OT--Newbie Want-to-be-owner of Leica
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:07:39 EDT

Hello,

New member here...not wanting to interrupt the variations of FOM naming...but
definately wanting to introduce myself.   I'm what one would call a want to
be owner of a Leica--currently saving money to break into the chance to use a
rangefinder with lenses that sing.  I predominately do Black and White,
already have an Slr system that allows me to use REAllllly long lenses and
well as use of a macro.  I'd want to use the rangefinder to coexist with my
slr.  I'm looking for a leica that I can do people photography, both candids
as well as figure and landscape. (I'm thinking a 35mm and either a 75 or 90).

I currently have about $1,500 saved, enough for an OLD (jurassic) leica and
half a lens....I'm still saving and hope to have $3,000 to use by the end of
the year.  I am a user not a collector, so once I see something used (at a
good price) will probably jump at it.   I'm currently leaning towards an M
body rather than a screwmount III, but am not fully sure which M is a "best
buy."

Any suggestions folks have for favourite bodies and lenses are most welcome.
Other considerations I should take into account are welcome too.

Thanks!
Kim

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] OT--Newbie Want-to-be-owner of Leica)