Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Scanning/Printing
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:00:04 -0400

I use the new HP PhotoSmart S20.  It specs out at 2400 dpi and is very
affordable ~$600
cdn ($400 usd).  I use it sucessfully for Tri-X, TMX100 and Kodachrome 64 up
to 11x14 size.  For more info check out www.sphoto.com Steve Hoffman's site
whcih has reviews on the HP and Nikon scanners . The only drawback with the
HP is that it is quite loud on the pre-scan mode and getting neg strips to
feed in can be a bit tricky.

One thing to consider when you are budgeting for a scanner is to include
money for computer RAM.  At a minimum put 128 MB in your computer, otherwise
you will need to bring a newspaper with you to read while PhotoShop is
dealing with your images.

Jonathan Lee