Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FOMing at the mouth
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:18:38 -0400

> From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
> Subject: [Leica] Re: FOMing at the mouth

> Forget competing with FOM. FOMII should turn out to be an
> update and extension to FOM. If it succeeds, it will illustrate
> what changes man and his environment has undergone in 50
> years. And, if it is compared to FOM, all the better. When did
> well intentioned and friendly competition become passe? C'mon,
> man (the species), hitch up your trousers and skirts and accept
> the assignment!

Roger, you say that *if* it is compared to FOM, all the better. I say it
will inevitably be compared or contrasted to the original. Perhaps I am
being a wet blanket here, but as I noted to another LUGger privately, if I
was to start buying up old Japanese rangefinder cameras at flea markets and
touched them up and without permission started passing them off to the
public as Leica M8s, there would be subscribers here who would go ballistic.
Can you honestly tell me I'm wrong? Should I tell them to hitch up their
skirts and accept it?

The concept is inspired.
The execution may well be brilliant.
But the title, yeeecccchhh!