Subject: Re: [Leica] wedding candids
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:27:56 -0400

on 18/10/00 12:36 pm, Simon Stevens at simon@camera-craftsman.com wrote:

> I'm thinking about changing the way I do weddings for my business. I
> really don't like doing all the dumb groups and it's frustrating herding
> disinterested people around like a sheepdog while all the interesting
> photographic opportunities are elsewhere. I'm wondering what experience
> people on the list might have marketing candids-only wedding
> photography? I'd like to do it in black and white if possible, and
> hopefully take the marketing (and the pricing) a little upmarket to
> distinguish myself from the high street wedding crowd.

I and several (non-photographer) people I know took this route. I hired a
good photojournalist to do mine. It worked great. Moreover, both of our
families loved the pictures (mainly BW). The guy was smart, though: he
brought along a MF camera and shot two or three formals. He hung out with us
all day... became a guest. People enjoyed his presence.

> Finally, maybe you might like to take a look at some pictures along
> these line which I took at a wedding reception last weekend. The address
> for the quickie page I have placed them on is:
> http://www.camera-craftsman.com/wedding

I'd be happy to have those kind of photographs of my wedding.

(You're right to position yourself upscale, by the way).
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com