Subject: Re: [Leica] wedding candids
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:10:03 -0700

Joe Codispoti wrote:
><Snip>
> A leading local photographer goes as far as photographing the bride while
> she dresses. The sequence starts with undies. But I have to admit that the
> photos are tasteful and technically excellent (no doubt he selects those
> brides that do justice to Victoria Secret).
> Most of his wedding photos have the look of studio lighting. In fact he
> practically creates a temporary studio setting at the church complete with
> studio strobes, assistants, and music.
>
> So, you see Simon, give them what they want and charge them accordingly.
>><Snip>

I've charges a lot of money for about a hundred black and white weddings in 20
years to Portlands Old money wealthy people and yuppie art director types.
The first place I head when i walk into the building is the ladies room.
I yell "Is everybody decent?"
I mainly hear "yes"!
The Kodak book said it is natural for ladies to say "yes" when asked if they are
decent!! Dated?
If they're not decent they're in a stall, I just go right in. (not the stalls) I
yell "Photographer!"
The putting on of the lipstick is a big seller. Mom adjusting the head
ornaments. Bridesmaids chain smoking on the sink. Or worse! :)
There is no way you can allow yourself to miss those shots!

I've often gotten called in to a dressing room to get a shot of a bride standing
on an ottoman in classy undies having starved themselves for months and not
looking pregnant.
It's a big thing for brides to not appear pregnant.
I gave up weddings 7 years ago I assume these tips are quite dated.
Kinda miss the polyester and deviled eggs!
mark rabiner

Message from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] wedding candids)