Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M Grip comparison - Leica, GMP & Abrahamson
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:43:51 EDT

Roger, the Rapidgrip is attached to the tripod bushing on either the
Rapidwinder or the standard Leica M-baseplate. The mounting plate is shorter
than the ones on the Leicagrip or the TMP-grip. This is done so that it does
not impede the use of the Rapidwinders advance lever. The Rapidwinder has a
centred tripod bushing as a standard and when I started working on the design
of the RapidGrip I incorporated a second bushing in the 'Leica" position. You
can use the RapidGrip on a M-camera without the Rapidwinder although that
will use up the tripod bushings available on the baseplate. Obviously I
designed the RapidGrip with the Rapidwinder in mind, but I also wanted to
provide the non-winder users with a substantial grip for improved handling of
M's with heavy lenses (50/1, 75/1,4 and 90/2). The RapidGrip will fit all M's
except the M5 (way to complex to have to redo the baseplate lock etc)!
Tom A

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica M Grip comparison - Leica, GMP & Abrahamson)