Subject: RE: [Leica] Finder combos (was: Black paint classic)
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:09:02 -0400

Yes, I agree--though perhaps the .72x finds its place for those who wish to
only own one M body, and who will mainly shoot in the 35 - 75 range.  It's
the perfect compromise.

Since I will likely only shoot 28, 35 and 50 through an M (kinda sound like
the perfect Tri-Elmar candidate :) but I want the faster glass), it makes
more sense for me to have the .58 and .72 as my two bodies.  I can use all
three lenses through both.

As an eyeglass wearer, the .85 would restrict me to just the 50, though I
grant you it would be the preferred finder for the Noctilux (I'd have said
the M3 until I discovered that body won't focus closer than 1m, thus robbing
you of the last .3m that the lens affords).

Dan

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica] Finder combos (was: Black paint classic))