Subject: Re: [Leica] Payment for photos
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:03:33 EDT

In a message dated 26-10-00 21:33:40 GMT Daylight Time, icommag@toad.net
writes:

<< I never made much money as a freelance photographer even though I have
 photographed, homeless bums, many celebrities even a President in the Oval
 Office. I lost count at 1,000 of photos published, but, it has been a great
 trip. And along the way I learned enough skills so that now I OWN my second
 monthly magazine. >>

But would you have ever done it for nothing? I agree that there is more to
this than money, and we have to pay our dues as we climb the ladder of
success but these people are selling there books for a lot of money, getting
their own salaries paid and yet giving the photographer nothing.

i can empathise with someone who is struggling for recognition (God knows, we
have all been there) but the way to get it is not by being an idiot.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076
Fax: (0)23 8034 8542