Subject: [Leica] XTOL times/dilutions What changed?
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 17:43:17 GMT

A note regarding XTOL.  After a number of mis-starts and mis matches (XTOL
and Delta 100)  I finally found a Kodak combo I liked.  XTOL stock and TMAX
100.  I used this combo developed per the spec sheets for 9 MONTHS...with
great results.

A month ago I bought some new XTOL.  My tried and true time/temp combo gave
me useless negs.  I thought I had picked up a bad batch. I thougt I had
mis-mixed the dilution.  I thought I had lost my sinkin mind!  I tossed the
remaining XTOL, purchased more and DAMN, more of the same.

I finally just started increasing developement time/temps until I got the
negs I USED to get based on the spec sheet.  I am now up to 6 minutes at 78
degrees, with mild agitation every 30 secs.

All this smells of a production change to me...Kodak, what's the story?

Best Wishes
Dan States
Madison WI