Subject: Re: [Leica] Evaluation/ENOUGH CRAP ALREADY!
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 01:40:22 GMT

I just can't STAND IT any longer!

First of all, I don't remember Erwin CHARGING us for any of his information.
  Therefore we have a choice to either accept it, or pass on to the next
email. Getting our shorts in a knot over a comment on a camera only shows
that we are all a bunch of bored geeks.

Second, opinions are worth what they cost.  It would best if responses to
opinions were only as violent as the opinion was intelligent.

Third, if you can't say anthing good about someone on the LUG then delete
their emails and shut the hell up!  This is not a discussion about politics,
racism, literature, freedom of the press, repression of the underclasses or
lesbian friggin rights.  It's about CAMERAS.  It's about Summicrons and M3's
and shutter speeds and developers and all the really FUN stuff that
shouldn't have grown adults pissing on each others pancakes.

Fourth, using someone's name as a Subject header should have one rule.  Once
the ACTUAL subject of the note has changed to foot fungus or the value of
talk radio, take the poor slobs name off the header!

Finally, I'm not sure what "qualifications" one would need to have to
comment on the LUG. God knows I have read some of the smartest, and DUMBEST
comments on the net here, and the only guy that I remember getting kicked
off was the crackpot Anthony. ANYONE can join, and ANYONE can contribute.

For my part I have compared what Erwin has said on his web site and in his
notes to this group to my OWN experiences and you know what?  He's pretty
damned right most of the time.  For ME these are EXCELLENT QUALIFICATIONS.
For that matter I have also enjoyed the comments of a LOT of folks here on
the LUG, including Mike and yes, goddamit, even Walt.  I don't need their
resume, their political party or their blood type to read and enjoy their
opinions.

For whatever reason this group gets a wart hog up their ass about every 60
days about something.  Let's start hitting the DELETE key, instead of reply.
  (which is probably what I should have done tonight)

Best goddamn wishes
Dan States
Madison WI